May 3-6, 2018
Simultaneous Northern and Southern California starts kick-off at locations that will impress the “petrol head”.
Drives begin in Los Angeles and the Monterey Bay area.
Both drives converge on a California jewel: the Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort!
Enjoy a weekend of drives, relaxation, wine tasting, camaraderie, great food, great roads, our special stage driving test, and memorable stops along the way…
An increased emphasis on relaxation and fully enjoying our destination will be balanced by comfortable amounts of driving over some of the best roads California has to offer, spread out over three days.
You can choose to start from our northern departure point in the Monterey Bay area or our southerly departure point in the Los Angeles area (specifics to be announced shortly) on the afternoon of May 3. Our meeting points – specifically chosen with the “petrol head” in mind – will serve as our first control points for the California Adventure, leading to reception, dinner, and our first night in top-rated hotels.
Announcing the DriveShare Collection
Day 1: Thursday, May 3 / SoCal
The driving adventure will begin with an approximately 45 mile route to our first night in Westlake that includes a champagne reception and dinner.
Day 1: Thursday, May 3 / NorCal
The driving adventure will begin with an approximately 55 mile route to our first night in Monterey that includes a champagne reception and dinner at a top-rated, ocean-side property, located on Cannery Row.
Day 2: Friday, May 4
We are working on stops to visit car collections on both routes – details to be announced.
All roads on this event lead to a destination that attracts those who seek adventure, charm, and the ultimate in relaxation. Tucked away in the Santa Barbara wine country, we will spend two nights at a resort frequented by Hollywood elite: Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort.
After taking your time to check in, unwind, and freshen up, we will gather for the first time as a complete group – Northern and Southern contingents in one place – for a reception and a private dinner at the lake.
Please let us know if you might like to book spa treatments or learn about other activities that could be added for you.
Day 3: Saturday, May 5
After a relaxing morning, the Saturday drive will take us by convoy to our “special stage” where you’ll have the chance to indulge in a quick blast around a short course to test your skills and your cars’ abilities. The inland and coastal roads around the Alisal will provide an enjoyable afternoon drive that will eventually lead us back to Alisal before our third and final reception, and another generous meal on the ranch.
Day 4: Sunday, May 6
Drive Toward a Cure for Parkinson’s Disease
Hagerty Plus® Roadside Service
Drive Toward a Cure for Parkinson's Disease
Reserve Your Spot!
- Charitable contribution benefiting the Parkinson’s Institute and Clinical Center and The Michael J. Fox Foundation.
- Tax receipt*** issued by Drive Toward a Cure.
- Entry for one vehicle in all driving components of the event.
- One hotel room for two people in a highly rated property for three nights.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner for two people for the duration*.
- Nightly cocktail receptions for two people.
- All tips and gratuities are included.
- Luggage transportation between the start and the hotel property**.
- Special stage driving test at a private venue along the route.
- Drive Toward a Cure door decals for the car.
- Drive Toward a Cure commemorative items and sponsor giveaways.
- Commemorative, full-color road book.
- Full event logistics and organization.
- Event liability insurance.
- Visits to private properties, exhibits or museums along the way, if applicable.
** If needed and subject to prior arrangement.
*** Your charitable deduction for federal income tax purposes is limited to the excess of the amount of money contributed over the value of the goods or services provided by the charity. Contact us for more information.